PROGRESSIVE AND ATHLETIC PILATES WORKSHOPS
Elevate your teaching skills and enhance your knowledge with Sean’s super engaging workshop. Learn from his new and creative exercises, ranging from exciting progressive reformer exercises to his athletic strength exercises and programming. The exercises come to life with Sean’s interactive lectures, his uniquely motivating and engaging teaching style, and hands-on practice. Get ready to work hard, move your body and have a blast learning.
TEACHING CONCEPTS – Learn new insights on how to use the Magic Circle and incorporate the concepts with multiple exercises. Learn new ways to cue spine flexion and extension with his easy to understand method. Additionally, you will learn propping for physical limitations, how to create multiple variations for each exercise, discuss teaching practices, intention and more.
PROGRESSIVE PILATES – Learn many of Sean’s latest full body floor exercises, his innovative short box on the frame and carriage exercises, tons of his unique no springs reformer exercises, creative ways to incorporate the roll-down bar with the reformer and more.
ATHLETIC PILATES – Move, sweat and have fun. The athletic exercises are broken down into muscle groups. Covered in the segment, you will learn strength training exercises covering: Chest, Back, Biceps, Triceps, Shoulders, Glutes, Inner & Outer Thighs, Quads, Hamstrings. Work hard as you learn athletic and circuit training programming. Create your own class programs and more.
Henley-on-Thames, UK May 5-7, 2023Times: Friday: 12-4 PM / Saturday: 9 AM – 4 PM / Sunday: 9 AM – 4 PM
Studio: Nubodi Pilates
Address: 357 Reading Road Henley-on-Thames RG9 4HA, United Kingdom
16 NPCP-approved CECs
Palm Springs, CA October 6-8 2023
Times: Friday: 12 – 4 PM / Saturday: 9 AM – 4 PM / Sunday: 9 AM – 4 PM
Studio: Ecore Fitness
Location: Palm Springs
Address: 285 South Palm Canyon Drive, Suite D6
Palm Springs, CA 92262
16 NPCP-approved CECs
- This workshop discusses the basic foundation of applied biomechanics, and offers teachers knowledge on how to break down each Pilates exercise and understand the intended joint movements.
- Participants will learn progressive and athletic Pilates techniques, which teach each student critical thinking skills and how to modify each exercise for all fitness levels.
- The skills and techniques will be combined with traditional and classical Pilates exercises designed for today’s student and their unique needs, based on current lifestyle and fitness requirements.
- Combine athletic and progressive Pilates exercises using the Balanced Body Clinical Reformer with mobility and strength applications, including a warm-up, workout, and functional flexibility addressing the programed exercises.
- Take the foundational exercises and techniques of Joseph Pilates and add unique and effective ways to use the Reformer while staying authentic to the Pilates method.
- Combine classical and traditional Pilates exercises with progressive and athletic exercises. This workshop merges fitness-based programing and Pilates, demonstrating how movement, whether in a Pilates studio or gym, can have the same intended outcome.
- Cancellations made 30 days prior to the scheduled workshop date are fully refundable, penalty-free.
- Cancellations made less than 30 days prior to the scheduled workshop date are non-refundable.
- Deferments made 30 days prior to the scheduled workshop date are penalty-free.
- Deferments made less than 30 days prior to the scheduled workshop date are considered a “late deferment” and subject to a $150.00 penalty, which will be deducted from your deferred tuition.
- Late deferments can apply the tuition, minus the cancellation fee, to future workshops.
- Late deferments must pay the $150.00 penalty prior to rescheduling.
- Tuition transfers made 30 days prior to the scheduled workshop date are penalty-free.
- Tuition transfers made less than 30 days prior to the scheduled workshop date are considered a “late tuition transfer” and subject to a $150.00 penalty, which will be deducted from your credited tuition.
- One tuition transfer made to another student is permitted without penalty. A second tuition transfer will incur a $150 penalty.
Bring Sean’s workshop to your studio. For information on how to be a host studio, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Progressive & Athletic Pilates workshop is based on current scientific evidence about joint and spine biomechanics. The workshop is unique in that it challenges the traditional wisdom of how postural alignment and traditional exercises are taught.
Currently, we are setting things up for an amazing online experience. Please sign up for the newsletter to stay informed about future virtual workshops.